Saturday, November 9, 2013

Leather and lace


I had originally wanted to post about Valentino's F/W 13 collection, because it was so full of wonderful details that remind me of my last post.... but when I went back through the collection I stumbled upon a dress I overlooked last time I watched the show.


I've been extra sensitive to leather garments since I started working for Dara, the designer of The Skin Sessions. Her collection is full of covetable, perfect-fit leather pieces (I have been loving my suede Bingo top, but more about that later...). Being exposed to so many wonderful pieces all the time made me stop in my tracks for this Valentino dress. Check out the little slits at the inner wrist to expose the bit of lace! 

This collection is all about the tailoring. I love how perfectly the shoulders are shaped, and a lot of them have special collar details that remind me of a Hans Holbein portrait.






No comments:

Post a Comment